What is the Birthstone for June?
The June Birthstone is Moonstone, Pearl, Agate, Turquoise and Cat’s Eye.
All birthstones, including the June birthstone, vary from era to era. There are four main birthstone lists to choose from including modern, mystical, traditional and Ayurvedic. For the majority of people today, the June birthstone is mainly recognized as being the moonstone but equally recognizable is pearl. Pearls are said to ensure faithfulness and friendship when worn by those with June birthdays.
Many people commonly associate both pearl and moonstone as the right stones for June birthdays simply because they are both officially considered modern June birthstones. Birthstones are a confusing topic because they differ from source to source but in reality they are all correct to their specific time period where they were the common accepted birthstones.
The Traditional Birthstones for June
In fact, the traditional June birthstones are completely different from the modern ones: agate, turquoise and cat’s eye are all technically the official traditional stones for those born in the month of June.
The Mystical Birthstones for June
In terms of mystical standards, a June birthstone is agate. However, some people want their birthstone to be in accordance with their zodiac sign but this will add even more confusion to the subject so make sure to be prepared for that!
The Ayurvedic Birthstones for June
By Ayurvedic standards the June birthstone is the moonstone, this agrees with the modern birthstone designation.
Metaphysical Properties of Moonstone
The beautifully luminous moonstone is considered the Third Eye and Solar Plexus chakra. It is the birthstone for June as well as July. It represents longevity, good health and is used as a talisman for safe travels, also representing new beginnings. The stone has been found in jewelry dating over 2000 years. It is strongly connected to the moon and the Mother Goddess.
Along with all precious stones and gems, the moonstone has various metaphysical properties ranging from giving a heightened sense of intuition to promoting inner grown and strength.
Colors of Moonstone
Like most crystals and gems the moonstone comes in various colors, from luminous pearl white, to golden peach color and rainbow.
June Birthstones According to the Signs of the Zodiac
If your birthday is early in the month, before the 21st, your zodiac June birthstone is agate but if you were born on the 22nd or after, your stone is the emerald. Ultimately there is a birthstone that will suit the individual the best. When in doubt, go with the most recognized: pearl or moonstone, and see if you experience the benefits of wearing any particular gemstone.
Some of the Metaphysical Properties of Moonstone
• Moonstone helps in harmonizing the body, bringing it in line with the natural lunar cycle, along with enhancing feminine energies and sensitivities. It increases fertility and is said to bring protection during childbirth and pregnancy when worn during the pregnancy.
• It aids in balancing the hormones and helps by alleviating many hormonal issues. It helps to alleviate menstrual problems along with water retention and obesity as well as digestive issues.
• Spiritually it is said to increase psychic ability, intuition, and inspiration and to bring good luck in love and business. In fact legend say it has the power to bring reconciliation to estranged lovers. It evokes a spectrum of light and helps to feel a cleansing and uplifting energy. This seems to be more prevalent in women though.
• The moonstone helps connect both sexes to the vibrations of Mother Goddess, it allows one to be more comfortable with their gentler feminine side, helping one to be more conscious of the knowledge that everything around us is an integral part of a cycle, and that change is constant.
• The moonstone brings protection for travelers especially when traveling at night or over water. It was used as a talisman in an amulet worn by ancient travelers setting out on a long journey.
• It is said to act as a growth stone for children and teenagers and is thought to slow the degeneration of aging, and aids in lessening deteriorating conditions of the eyes, hair, skin, and the fleshy organs of the body.
• The moonstone cleanses and disperses negativity from all the chakras. It provides nourishment and provisions to assist through all the changes that come in life, and is said to connect one to the higher plane of existence and is the source of universal energy and truth.